The Journey to Public Service
Jim Entenman’s journey of public service begins with family. A lifelong resident of the Sioux Falls area, he graduated from Washington High School. Jim attended Northern State University in Aberdeen and married wife, Jill. They have three children—Jimmy, Joe and Anna—and five grandchildren.
Jim started J&L Harley-Davidson with brother Lonnie in 1975. The growth of his dealerships in Sioux Falls, Watertown and Fargo, ND, has helped position Jim as a community business leader. He has also served on the Sioux Falls City Council and multiple boards including Make-A-Wish, Sioux Falls Convention & Visitors Bureau, South Dakota Tourism, Build It Now, Sioux Falls Sports Authority and Sanford.
Now retired from J&L, Jim is focused on making Sioux Falls the best location in which to raise a family, start a business and prosper.
Along the Way
- City Councilman for Sioux Falls
- Advisory member—Governor’s Tourism Board
- President—Sioux Falls Convention & Visitors Bureau
- President—Make-A-Wish South Dakota
- Trustee—Sandford Sioux Falls
- Board member—Sioux Falls Sports Authority
- Committee member—Build It Now
- Board member—Sioux Empire Red Cross
- Board member—South Dakota Auto Dealers
- President—Harley-Davidson Motor Company Dealer Advisory Council
- 2016 Business of the Year (Boyd Hopkins, Sr., Excellence in Family Business)
- 2015 Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation (SD Association of Fundraising Professionals)
- 2008 SESHRM Workplace Excellence
- 2008 Heart of the City (Sioux Falls Convention & Visitors Bureau)
- 2007 Harley-Davidson Motor Company Community Service
- 2002 Argus Leader Business of the Year